Admission and Benefits

Help With ...
Submit Case
Contact Us
ibis statue

Applying to UM 

  • All prospective students must complete a UM admissions application. Visit Admissions to complete your application.
  • For Graduate-Degree seeking students, visit the school offering the program at and apply.
  • For inquiries concerning Financial Aid and the completion of the FAFSA form Click Here or you may call Financial Aid at 305-284-5212. Please email all completed Financial Aid forms to Office of Financial Assistance.

As a matter of policy, UM does not provide any commission, bonus, or other incentive payment based directly or indirectly on securing enrollments or federal financial aid (including Tuition Assistance funds) to any persons or entities engaged in any student recruiting, admission activities, or making decisions regarding the award of student financial assistance. 

UM also does not employ high-pressure recruitment tactics such as making multiple, including contacts by phone, email, or in-person, and engaging in same-day recruitment and registration for the purpose of securing Service member enrollments.

Keep in mind, eligible service members must receive approval from an Educational Services Officer (ESO) or counselor within the military service prior to enrolling.

Once Admitted to UM

In accordance with Title 38 US Code § 3679 subsections (e), UM adopts the following additional provisions for any students using U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) Post 9/11 G.I. Bill® (Ch. 33) or Veteran Readiness and Employment Service (Ch. 31) benefits, while payment to the institution is pending from the VA UM will not:

  • Prevent the student’s enrollment
  • Assess a late penalty fee to the student
  • Require the student to secure alternative or additional funding
  • Deny the student access to any resources (access to classes, libraries, or other institutional facilities) available to other students who have satisfied their tuition and fee bills to the institution.

However, to qualify for this provision, UM veteran and military-affiliated students will be required to complete the following steps:

Step 1:

Apply for your Certificate of Eligibility (COE)

First time? You can apply for your Certificate of Eligibility (COE) via the VA website

Tuition Assistance? Follow your branch instructions listed on the Department of Defense Military Tuition Assistance website. Additional information is available on our Tuition Assistance page. 

Step 2:

Fill out the Student Enrollment Certification Request Form.  

Step 3:

Request Enrollment Certification:

Every semester you wish to utilize your education benefits, please respond in the affirmative to the Enrollment Notification Email you will receive from


Benefits and eligibility vary for each chapter. The veterans’ chapter determination is made by the Veterans Administration.  The following is a list of the most utilized benefits at UM:

Chapter 30      Montgomery GI Bill 

Chapter 31       Vocational Rehabilitation

Chapter 33       Post 9/11 GI Bill

Chapter 35       Dependents and Survivors Educational Assistance Program

Chapter 1606   Educational Assistance for the Selected Reserve